Peyush Bansal is a known Indian entrepreneur. He is the founder and CEO of Lenskart.com. It is one of the leading e-commerce portals in India for eyewear for Indians. He gained fame after being a judge of the Indian television reality show Shark Tank India Season 1 in the year 2021.
Peyush Bansal Early life
Peyush Bansal was born on 26 April 1985. He was born and brought up in New Delhi, India by his parents. As of 2021, his age is 36 years. His parents were Indian citizens. They always backed Peyush Bansal in his decisions in life. From the very beginning, He always aimed to become a successful businessman. He received his initial studies in New Delhi, India, and gained the best Education.
By profession, His father is a Chartered Accountant, and he always wanted Peyush to excel in studies and get settled in career and life like every Indian parent.
Talking about his other personal information and other interests, he is interested in watching movies and playing basketball. He is interested in the areas of human capital, organizational development, and financial relations.
Peyush Bansal Education
He completed his secondary and higher secondary schooling from Don Bosco School, Delhi. He had the dream of getting admission to IIT. He tried but failed to do so. He went to Canada for engineering from the McGill University of Canada. he did his graduation in electrical engineering. He has a postgraduate diploma and completed his management degree from the Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore.
Peyush Bansal Personal life
Peyush Bansal’s marital status is married. Peyush Bansal wife name is Nidhi Mittal Bansal.
Peyush Bansal Professional life
Peyush Bansal was very much confused about what was going on with his life. In Canada, he had no home, no relatives. There he used to see students enjoying their life besides academics. But he was so serious and worked hard. He worked 18-20 hrs per day and it was very difficult for him to balance his work as well as academic life. He worked as a receptionist there. While working as a receptionist he used to be in touch with a senior who worked with codes and Peyush found himself getting interested in codes. Gaining practical knowledge he started to get a taste of consumers. He applied for an internship at Microsoft and failed to qualify for the first time. Again after a year he applied and got selected for 3 months trainee in Microsoft.
- After his graduation, he went to the USA and worked in Microsoft for one year from Jan 2007 to Dec 2007. Later, He left his job at Microsoft.
- In 2008 he came back to India and thought of making a change in the world. He took 3-4 months to convert the garage into his office. At that time he had no such business plan but he thought of solving the lodging problem of the students.
- Peyush Bansal became the founder and Promoter of SearchMyCampus.com in Dec 2007-Dec 2009SearchMyCampus is India’s no. 1 Campus Classifieds Portal The basic purpose for the portal is to enable college students to solve their most common needs (such as jobs, housing, coaching, books, transportation, etc.) easily
- He worked as Collaborator Investor from Mar 2018 till the Present. He Collaborates with great entrepreneurs in building some exciting companies and brands: Dailyobjects, Infeedo, Turms, Alpha
- Worked as a Supporter in Lenskart Foundation from Dec 2020 till present
- Peyush Bansal was the Co-Founder of AQUALENS from Jan 2019 to the Present based in Delhi, India. It is a startup funded by Lenskart to provide the most comfortable and stylish contact lenses to consumers globally, and that too at surprisingly low prices, direct to customers.
- Peyush Bansal is the Co-Founder of John Jacobs, which started in Jul 2015 till the Present. It’s A startup funded by Lenskart to bring the trendiest eyewear globally in the highest quality materials directly to consumers (no middlemen).
- Peyush Bansal is the Co-Founder of Lenskart Plus started in Nov 2020 based in Delhi, India. it’s A brand new startup funded by Lenskart to help serve a new set of eyewear needs for the customers.
- He started Lenskart Vision Fund in Oct 2020. Lenskart launches Vision Fund to invest in amazing entrepreneurs who are trying to disrupt the eyewear space and Omni-retail using innovative products, technology, and experiences.
- Peyush Bansal is Co-Founder, Chief Executive & People Lenskart Officer at Lenskart.com. He started this in Jun 2008 till now. Lenskart was founded in Nov 2010 with the purpose of transforming the way people see and experience the world.
Peyush Bansal Achievements and recognition
- Peyush Bansal is The recipient of the Red Herring top 100 Asia Award 2012
- He was awarded Emerging Entrepreneur of the year in the Indian e-tail Awards 2012
- Economic Times recognized Peyush Bansal under India’s Hottest Business Leaders under 40
- He got the British Association Medal awarded by McGill University in 2006.
- He was ranked in the list of Fortune India’s ‘Best 40 under 40 entrepreneurs 2019’.
Peyush Bansal Net worth
Peyush Bansal estimated net worth as of now is $80 million.
Peyush Bansal Investments
Some of his personal Investments are:
- Last year he invested in Thinkerbell Labs in Shark tank India
- On Dec 10, 2021, he invested in Shiprocket
- On Aug 4, 2020, he invested in inFeedo
- On Jan 19, 2016, he invested in DailyObjects.com
Read More About: Shark Tank India Judges, Net Worth, Relationships
About the Lenskart
Lenskart is a company that deals in manufacturing spectacles. One of the largest and popular brands in India in recent days. The company was started in 2011 and then from there it has become one of the unicorn companies in India. The company aims to provide services around the globe and reach every customer.
The biography of Lenskart CEO Peyush Bansal is highlighted with the formation of an online portal that offers products of important use and is very valuable to the customers. The product line of his company includes glasses, sunglasses, and contact lenses for online store customers.
Lenskart founder Peyush Bansal started this online store with the co-founders Amit Chaudhary and Sumeet Kapahi in November 2011. It is a company based in New Delhi and has customers from all over India. Peyush Bansal launched the website Lenskart.com with attractive and catchy slogans to connect with the customers and play in the market. Lenskart has opened offline stores across India. It operates 49 offline franchises in different cities across the country.
His company raised a good amount, around 200 crores in three funding rounds from IDG Ventures India. Peyush Bansal’s aim and vision are to open stores in more cities across the country this year and reach more and more customers.
The company was also awarded the MarketingSherpa Email Awards 2014 for the “Create and Design – ECommerce ” category with a strong will, determination, and innovation incorporating science and technologies.