Green Snack Co Shark tank India season 2 episode 27

green snack co

Shark Tank Green Snack Co

In this episode of Shark Tank India Green Snack Co, a healthy snacking company presents the pitch. Will the founder get a deal from the sharks? To know about the deal read till the end.

Company name Green Snack Co
Founders Chetan Sharda and Jasmine Kaur
Ask ₹1 crore for 2% equity

Green Snack Co-Founder

Chetan Sharda and Jasmine Kaur are the founders of Green Snack Co. Chetan is the COO and Jasmine is CEO of the company.
Jasmine graduated from Delhi University and did MBA from LBSIM School in Delhi. Then she joined HDFC bank and did a job in private banking. The latest company where she worked is Manico. Chetan has done his schooling and college from Delhi. He did MBA in Symbiosis. He worked in real estate for 8 years. As Jasmine is a Punjabi, she has faced many problems regarding weight and healthy lifestyle. Hence started the Green Snack Co.

About the company Green Snack Co

Green Snack Co, the snacking superhero presents the solution to the 4 pm evening snack problem. The products are made from healthier ingredients. They contain no MSG, no preservatives and are made from very less oil and less spices. Before covid they were available in 30 cities in India and five export markets. As more than 90% business comes from offline covid has severely affected their business but they later made the growth. They have more than 10 lakhs customers. Their vision is to reach all those people who want to change their lifestyle and make it a healthier one. Fiery Spice Quinoa Puff is their best-selling product. Around 53% equity is with the founders and the rest is with the investors.

Ask the Owner of Green Snack Co

The owners made an ask of ₹1 crore for 2% equity of the company at the valuation of ₹50 crores.

Green Snack Co Sales And Revenue

About 15% of their business comes from online mode. And the rest 85% of the business comes from offline mode, out of which 20% of business is from Quick Commerce and the rest 60% is from domestic and international distribution.
In the Offline sales split, 50% is modern trade, 20% is HORECA and cinema halls, and 30% is general trade. Sales before covid in FY 17 to 18 were ₹2 crores, FY 18 to 19 was ₹7 crores. After covid sales in FY 20 to 21 were ₹2.5 crores, in FY 21 to 22 was ₹4 crores. Last month’s revenue was ₹25 lakhs. They raised their first investment in 2016 of ₹1 crore at a post-money valuation of ₹13 crore from angel investors. In 2017 the raised ₹3.2 crores from an institutional investor at a post-money valuation of ₹23 crores. Again in 2018 and 2020, they raised ₹13.5 crores at the post-money valuation of ₹67 crores. In FY 21 to 22 annual burn was ₹1.5 crores.

Shark Tank Blue Tea

Offers and counter offers

Veenita gave an offer of ₹1 crore for 8% equity at the valuation of ₹12.5 crores.

Green Snack Co Final deal

The final deal was closed with Veenita for ₹1 crore at 8% equity.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>