Aman Gupta is a founder of his company boAt and a chief marketing officer of Imagine Marketing Services Pvt. Ltd. Previously He worked as director of sales at Harman International, where he used to look at a portfolio of consumer electronics brands including JBL, Harman Kardon, and AKG which Harman International spread all over India.
the boAt is a known Indian brand for audio products.
Aman’s story of success starts from his passion for electronics products despite facing a lot of problems to making a successful company, boAt and become a business tycoon. This journey is very inspiring till date as he is now among the shark tank india judges for the first season of shark tank in India
Aman Gupta Early Life:
Aman Gupta hails from a Baniya family in Delhi, India. His father, Neeraj Gupta works as a Director at Advanced Telemedia Pvt. Ltd. His mother is Jyoti Kochar Gupta. Aman Gupta was born in 1983 at the capital city of India Delhi and was brought up in Delhi too. He is 39 years old now. He has a brother named Anmol Gupta. His hobbies include traveling, playing, reading, and listening to music. He was from a family full of chartered accountants. Like every parent provided him the best education. His father want him to become a chartered accountant. After completing the course, he tried on for different jobs. He keeps on changing his job as he was not satisfied with what he was doing. Ultimately he followed what he was passionate about and today he is a business tycoon.
Aman Gupta Education:
- Aman completed his schooling at Delhi Public School R.K.Puram in New Delhi in 1998.
- Then he went to Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, the University of Delhi to study for a Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) and graduated from there in 2001.
- As he comes from a family of Chartered Accountants, his father forced him to study Chartered Accountancy. Hence, From 1999 to 2002, Aman read Chartered Accountancy in Accounting and Finance from The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI). Despite his dislike for finance, he completed his CA course at the early age of 21. At that time, Aman was one of the youngest Chartered Accountants in India.
- He tried for several jobs at some companies but got rejected. In 2010, his wife advised him to do a Master of Business Administration (MBA). So, in 2010, Aman joined the Indian School of Business to study MBA in Finance and Strategy.
- In 2011, he studied MBA as an exchange student at Kellogg School of Management, Illinois, United States. Aman studied General Management and Marketing.
Aman Gupta Personal Life:
On 7 April 2008, Aman got married to Priya Dagar. The couple is blessed with two daughters, Mia and Adaa Gupta. His elder daughter Adaa is good at sports.
Aman Gupta Professional Career:
- After many unsuccessful attempts, Aman got selected into Citi. In March 2003, he joined Citi in New Delhi and worked for them as an Assistant Manager until August 2005. Then Aman resigned from the job because it didn’t make them happy.
- After quitting his job, he along with his father started a venture named Advanced Telemedia Pvt Ltd. in September 2005. This company mainly used to import gadgets from foreign brands and sell them in the Indian market.
- Aman worked with many brands like Beats Audio, Sennheiser, Telex, etc. He worked in the department of sales and marketing and sold many gadgets for about four years until those brands decided to directly sell in India.
- In March 2010, Aman quit working for Advanced Telemedia Pvt Ltd.
- After completing his MBA, in July 2011, Aman joined KPMG in Gurgaon, India to work for them as a Senior Management Consultant. He resigned from this job in February 2012.
- And in March 2012, Aman joined Harman International and worked there as a Sales Head and then as Director-Sales. He quit this job in December 2013.
Aman used to change jobs after working for little time and quit them because he could not develop an interest in any of the jobs.
Then, Aman Gupta’s wife Priya Dagar gave him a time period of two years to settle down in any business or job and she kept a condition for this. Her condition was that if he failed to settle down and could not find a job or start a business, then he would pursue the career path that she would be suggesting.
Being passionate about gadgets, lifestyle products and marketing, he decided to start a company of his own relating to any of these.
So finally In April 2014, Aman co-founded the venture named Imagine Marketing India in New Delhi and also launched a brand by the name House of Marley in India as a distributor. They used to buy several audio products like headphones, audio systems, earbuds, etc.
Aman Gupta Investments:
In 2021, he invested in a few companies like Shiprocket, WickedGud, Anveshan, and 10club.
Aman Gupta Net Worth:
Aman Gupta estimated net worth is $100 million approximately as of 2021.
Aman Gupta Achievements:
Passionate Aman Gupta achieved many lifetime achievements during his education and his work life too.
- He won the 40 upon forty award by the economics times in the year 2021 for becoming the young entrepreneur of the year and also in 2020 he won this award by Business World.
- In the year of 2019, he won the Businessworld Young Entrepreneur award along with the Entrepreneur India Tech 25 Class.
- In the year 2020, his award list was added up by two more achievements. He receives Super 30 CMO of 2020: iProspect & IAMAI and Entrepreneur of the Year 2020: Consumer Durables.
- The co-founder of Boat Lifestyle Aman Gupta received the award for being in the world’s top 5 wearable brands in IDC Q4 2020 and Q1 2021.
In an interview, Aman told that he was quite inspired by the 3 Idiots film and the message that it narrated through the film is somebody’s passion can make him or her success in life, rather than trying to forcefully become successful at random things.
As he was very passionate about gadgets, lifestyle products, and marketing, he decided to start a company related to it and thought of launching boAt.
Aman is very inspired by Jeff Bezos’s way of doing business of how he changed Amazon into a customer-centric company and similarly, Aman also wants to make boAt as consumer-centric as much as possible.
He is also inspired by the Shark Tank business reality television series. In November 2021, Aman was announced as the Shark of Shark Tank India and become part of the show in contributing towards India’s entrepreneurship future.
Aman Gupta boAt Lifestyle:
In January 2016, Aman along with Sameer Mehta launched their own company boAt. the boAt is headquartered in Mumbai. the boAt is a popular brand known for its headphones, speakers, and wearables and offers its products on both online and offline networks.
Initially In 2016 when he started, the competition was immense as there were about 200 audio products brands in India at that time, and boAt faced competition from many Chinese, Japanese, German and Indian brands.
Aman noticed that Indians prefer bass, so he launched several products with high bass quality.
Also, as Indian markets are very price-conscious, he made the price of the products up to a logical and correct line.
Aman sensed the love of Indian consumers for Bollywood, cricket, and music, so boAt took many actors, actresses, cricketers, and singers as its brand ambassadors like- Kartik Aaryan, Kiara Advani, Jacqueline Fernandez, Hardik Pandya, Jasprit Bumrah, Prithvi Shaw, Shikhar Dhawan, Rishabh Pant, Shreyas Iyer, KL Rahul, and many more.
Apart from all these, boAt also signed a partnership with the Indian Premier League, Sunburn music festival, and Lakmé Fashion Week.boAt become a profitable company and according to International Data Corporation (IDC), it is the world’s top 5 Wearable Brand in Q4 2020 and Q1 2021, and in 2020. Currently, it became India’s topmost top wearable brand India beating big brands like Samsung, Realme, Sony, and Xiaomi.
They have also launched a brand named Misfit, which provides personal grooming devices for men.
boAt have crossed revenue of Rs 500 crore in FY 2020, with a growth of 108.8% from FY 2019. It was a profitable business consecutively for 5 long years.
Presently boAt has 5,000 retail stores, which are supported by 20 distributors. They had sales of over 10,000 units a day and four million units per year. Their products have reached up to 20 million Indians till now. Almost 80 percent of its sales are contributed by eCommerce channels such as Amazon and Flipkart.
Know More About Other Sharks:
boAt Bestseller Products
- boAt Airdopes 441 Pro Bluetooth Truly Wireless in-Ear Earbuds with Mic (Sporty Blue)
- Leave all the charging worries at bay, Airdopes 441 Pro offer Earphone battery capacity: 3.7V, 35mAh x 2 buds, Talk time/music time: 5 Hours per bud, Charging Time: 1.5 Hours, Standby Time: 70 Hours
- The power-packed 2600mAh Carry cum Charge Case can also function as a Power Bank
- It is equipped with IWP (Insta Wake N’ Pair) Technology that powers on the earbuds and puts them into connection mode as soon as one opens the lid of the carry case
- TWS Airdopes 441 Pro offers a true wireless experience with the latest Bluetooth v5.0
- It is IPX7 rated for resistance against water and sweat to provide a carefree listening experience
- It possesses 6mm Drivers for enthralling audio bliss with immersive sound
- The TWS earbuds offer a stereo calling feature for clear and crisp communication
- You can access the instant voice assistant via just a single touch with the help of its advanced capacitive touch controls
- It has been ergonomically and aesthetically designed to meet the needs of every music lover by offering extraordinary style with sports-centric, secure-fit ear hooks. Get the carry case charged with ease courtesy its Type C charging port